On 25 Sep 2014 10:45:43 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main Tom Ross
wrote:

The one consideration that isn't mentioned is that if shops have files
created or updated by CSP, Visual Gen or EGL (the latest incarnation
and presumably still sold and supported by IBM), they have data in
signed fields (both packed and unpacked) with F zones for positive
numbers and D zones for negative numbers.  I checked the EGL manual to
verify this.  While I suspect many here share my disdain for this and
the contortions needed for it, it means that NUMPROC(PFD) probably is
unwise for all shops with these products.  If NUMPROC(MIG) would
generate more efficient code than NUMPROC(NOPFD), then these shops
would benefit from the return of NUMPROC(MIG).

Clark MOrris