So, the scenario is that your code gets control running under task A, and will attach task B.

You want to get control when task A is terminating normally, so you can detach task B.

I don;t know if an estae routine on task A would allow you to detach task B from the estae. Probably would, But if task A is already in termination for trying to exit without detaching, then you probably can't retry out of the estae, the only thing you could do is percolate, so what's the point. You would have to try it, and see what happens.

If task A is not the jobstep tcb, you could consider scheduling an IRB onto the jobstep tcb to attach the sub-task. Then, set a resource termination manager for task A. That code could detach the sub-task when task A terminated, and before the jobstep task terminated.

    --Dave