You're right. uchar but no uint. You got my drift.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of David Crayford
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 7:30 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: 64bit

On 18/10/2014 5:19 AM, Charles Mills wrote:
> In addition to this sort of gotcha be aware of the inherent/documented
> differences. In 32-bit C, for example, a uint and a size_t are the
> same thing -- you can pass & of a size_t to a method with uint * in
> its prototype; but in AMODE 64 C they are not the same thing and you
cannot.

What's uint? I can't find it in stdint.h. I can however find uint32_t,
uint64_t etc which explicitly state the number of bits in the type
definition name.
I always use the typedefs in stdint.h as a matter of course (cstdint for
C++). There's also a __ptr32 definition.

The only issue I run into with 64bit C/C++ code is having to deal with
assembler service routines that were written for 32bit. And you can't just
recompile with a different compiler option to make them 64bit!

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN