It's as much as I can do just to spell CoBOL but, as far as I can tell, it's
not ready for prime time.  Even its most avid proponent signs off thus:

   TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<

We are trapped in the present.  We cannot get to the future.  The nearest we
can get to the future is the latest, most recent, current instance of the
present.  Ergo, CoBOL is not for us.

'Nuff said!

;-)

===