Tim Brown wrote:

>Attempting to use ldapchangepwd.  Any idea what is causing error?

>ldapchangepwd -D "cn=TESTUSER,o=IBM,c=US" -w ? -n ?  -h 127.0.0.1  -p 389
>Enter current password ==>          old
>Enter new password ==>       new

If you are running this prompting in TSO or batch, it is NOT supported.

>ldap_sasl_bind: Credentials are not valid
>ldap_sasl_bind: additional info: R004062 Credentials are not valid
>(ldbm_authenticate_user:252)

What backend are you using? RACF? DB2?
What level of LDAP are you using? v2 or v3?

What do you see in logfile like this one /etc/ldap/gldlog.output ?

If RACF, do you see any ICH408I message. If not, do you see any SMF records for
that id?

What authenticating method are you using? CRAM-MD5, or DIGEST-MD5?
What binding method are you using? I'm thinking of the parameters like -m or -S.

What version of ldap and z/OS version are you using?

Turn on your debug level for more diagnostics by using -d <?> parameter.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht