I'm trying to set a SLIP trap to get a dump for IBM to figure out why some SAF
calls are taking a long time. The module I want to trap is part of a load
module called VSHDITSK in a started task named ZPHIL510. The instruction after
the SAF call is at offset 794 in that module; the LKED output for VSHDITSK
shows:
SECTION    CLASS                                      ------- SOURCE -------
  OFFSET   OFFSET  NAME                TYPE    LENGTH  DDNAME   SEQ  MEMBER
             20E0  VSHGPSAF           CSECT      16D1  OBJECT    01  VSHGPSAF
(with a bunch of lines between the header and that line elided, of course). So
I started off with:
SLIP
SET,IF,DISABLE,ACTION=SYNCSVCD,PVTMOD=(VSHDITSK,2874),ID=PHS1,JOBNAME=ZPHIL510,END
then:
SLIP MOD,EN,ID=PHS1
and then I run the test. No hit.

So I SLIP DEL,ID=PHS1 and start over. I increase the range. Eventually I try
(listing the PDS shows the length of VSHDITSK to be 00534654):
SLIP
SET,IF,DISABLE,ACTION=SYNCSVCD,PVTMOD=(VSHDITSK,0,534654),ID=PHS1,JOBNAME=ZPHIL510,END
Enable, run, no hit.

D SLIP=PHS1 shows:
RESPONSE=S0W1
IEE735I 13.18.38 SLIP DISPLAY 260
ID=PHS1,PER-IF,ENABLED(ACTIVE)
ACTION=SYNCSVCD,SET BY CONS PHS,PRCNTLIM=10,00,MATCHLIM=1,0
PVTMOD=VSHDITSK,00000000,00534654,JOBNAME=ZPHIL510

I'm obviously missing something basic here! I've stopped the started task,
defined and enabled the trap, and restarted the task (thinking that maybe it
couldn't already be running when the trap is defined).

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
--
...phsiii

Phil Smith III