John

 Thanks!!

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Sunday, 02 November, 2014 10:26 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: msg BPXF024I with EZYFS60I

It depends on how you start the FTP server. But, basically, you need to set the
TZ environment variable to the proper value. For me, in the U.S.
Central Time Zone, I have TZ=CST6CDT . I set it in a couple of places. One is
in the LE parameters. As shown below:

=== SYS1.PARMLIB(CEEPRM00) ===
/* NONCICS LE PARMS */
CEEDOPT(
  ALL31(OFF),
  STACK(,,BELOW)
  CBLQDA(OFF),
  COUNTRY(US),
  DEBUG,
  DYNDUMP(*USERID,DYNAMIC,NOTDUMP),
  ENVAR('TZ=CST6CDT'),
  LIBSTACK(8K,4K,FREE),
  STORAGE(NONE,NONE,NONE,8K)
 )
/* CICS LE PARMS */
CEECOPT(
  ALL31(OFF),
  STACK(,,BELOW),
  STORAGE(00,NONE,NONE,0K)
 )
/* 64 BIT GROUP */
CELQDOPT(
 )

===

But, in this particular case, I have customized the FTPD started task JCL.
Example:

//FTPD   PROC MODULE='FTPD',PARMS=''
//FTPD   EXEC PGM=&MODULE,REGION=4096K,TIME=NOLIMIT,
//    PARM=('POSIX(ON) ALL31(ON) TZ=CST6CDT ',
//   'ENVAR("RESOLVER_CONFIG=/etc/resolv.conf","TZ=CST6CDT")/&PARMS')
//*

You'll likely notice I have the TZ=CST6CDT in two places. That was due to
confusion on my part as to where it actually goes. I _think_ it only needs to
be within the ENVAR(...) portion. But it doesn't seem to hurt being in both. So
I cowardly left it alone once I had it doing what I wanted.

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Tim Brown <tbr...@cenhud.com> wrote:

> These messages are not  showing the local Z/OS time  which is this
> case was 09:18
>
> Is there a parameter that controls this
>
> 09:18:17.75 STC09130 00000090  BPXF024I (EMS) Nov  2 14:18:17 ftps
> 16777562 : E
>                                 781
>                   781 00000090  CONN   ends   Input=223 bytes Output=0
> bytes
>
> Tim

The temperature of the aqueous content of an unremittingly ogled culinary
vessel will not achieve 100 degrees on the Celsius scale.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown