On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 7:51 AM, Jacky Bright <jacky.bri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have requirement of exposing Mainframe USS messages appearing in WAS
> Started tasks on z/OS (For eg. BBOO0221W ) to Mainframe SYSLOG.
>
> Is there any way to achieve this ?
>
> JAcky

​I'm not familiar with WAS​. But there is a pseudo device called
/dev/console that is "write-only". Everything written to that device is
sent to the z/OS SYSLOG. As an example. on a z/OS UNIX shell, I entered the
command:

echo 'hello from john!' >/dev/console

And on the z/OS SYSLOG, there was the line:

N 4000000 LIH1     14309 07:56:14.38 STC44699 00000094  BPXF024I (RACFID)
hello from john!

​If WAS logs to a UNIX file, then specify /dev/console as the name of the
file. If WAS logs to the UNIX syslog daemon, then set the appropriate entry
in the /etc/syslog.conf to write to /dev/console.
​

--
The temperature of the aqueous content of an unremittingly ogled
culinary vessel will not achieve 100 degrees on the Celsius scale.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown