On 11/6/2014 10:12 AM, Lizette Koehler wrote:
We are z/OS V1.12 heading to V2.1

On one of my LPARs I get the following message when I use ISHELL to allocate
a new small zFS File (5cyls by 1 cyls).  I did not even get a chance to
format it as the zFS was deleted when I hit enter.

Where would I find the ERRNO=84x?

Errno=84x ENOMEM: Not enough space is available.  Reason=EFE1670Ax
Enter to continue.

I found the 670A as
670A Internal failure obtaining memory for operation
Action: An internal failure occurred. Contact the service
representative.

But no other hits.

Is the service representative the Sysprog?
An internal error, should I see any additional SYSLOG or Joblog (zfs)
messages to help isolate the cause?

Or is this one of those – Call IBM solutions?

I am finding the reason codes for zFS unfulfilling

Lizette

Lizette,

The 84x is a catchall. The 8-digit reason code is where it's at. For whatever reason, IBM decided not to issue clear messages. Instead, you're supposed to run the BPXMTEXT exec to get the full 'splaination Luthy. So get used to TSO BPXMTEXT EFE1670A.

That said, if you have a 2GB region, this is a bug and not a feature. I would open a PMR.

Good luck,
Tom