Hello Listers,

I am in need of capturing the output from an APPLY step, specifically the
assembly and link output.
Currently my target zone has SYSPRINT defined as SYSOUT=*.
I have tried several things but, unless I've coded them incorrectly, they did
not achieve the result I need.

I have tried supplying a defining a OUTPUT statement at the start of my job and
then supplying a SYSPRINT DD with an OUTPUT= naming the OUTPUT statement's
name. That didn't work, and I didn't get any indication from SMP/E as to
errors, but my usermod was not applied.

I have tried defining the assembler utility as using an alternate SYSPRINT DD
and then supplying that DD and I don't get the assembly output via the new DD
name which I supplied in the JCL. In fact, I don't get any errors with that
setup either but the usermod did not apply in the arrangement either.

Ultimately, what I want to accomplish it to have 2 copies of the output. One to
go to our production control department as part of the documentation filed when
locking down the source and the other to stay within our own library system so
that if we have issues with the program being controlled, we have quicker and
easier access to the current listing than we would if we had to go thru the
production control library.

I can obtain the result I want, to a degree, if I manually change the output
class, form and destination as we have JES writers to handle it, but I'd rather
not have to remember to go and change the various JES attributes of the job if
I can do it in the JCL.

If there is some way to cause SMP/E to spool its assembly and link steps to VIO
that would be great as I could then follow the APPLY step with an IEBGENER and
code SYSUT2 with the appropriate OUTPUT names and have the output handled as I
want.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Chuck

Charles (Chuck) Hardee
Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration
EAS Information Technology

Thermo Fisher Scientific
300 Industry Drive | Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone +1 (724) 517-2633 | Mobile +1 (412) 877-2809 | FAX: +1 (412) 490-9230
chuck.har...@thermofisher.com | www.thermofisher.com

WORLDWIDE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent of a system responsible for delivering the message to
the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please inform the sender and delete all copies.