Dave,

Finally Yahoo e-mail is functioningg.  I was not receiving any e-mails from
IBM-MAIN0  Thanks Willie for helpin out.

You are correct.  The PDS was corrupted i.e. every member I browsed gave an I/O
error message.  I used IEBGENER to correct the problem which I had gleaned from
the archive files.  If I understand you correctly there was no need to change
the DCB of the corrupted dsn.  All I had to do was wrie a new member in the pds.
Can I revert back from RECFM=U to RECFM=VBA etc?  Or all is lost?