From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Pommier, Rex
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 8:43 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: TS3584 and TS1120 encryption

I don't believe so, the manuals seemed to indicate the secondary was optional.
However, I went ahead and started up a secondary EKM and updated IECIOS00 to
point to it.  I still get the same error when running an encryption job.

IECIOS00:

EKM PRIMARY=172.16.128.2:3801,SECONDARY=127.0.0.1:3801

D IOS,EKM,VERIFY=ALL:

IOS099I 08.34.42 EKM HOSTS 385
PRIMARY   HOSTNAME=172.16.128.2:3801
SECONDARY HOSTNAME=127.0.0.1:3801
MAX CONNECTIONS = 255, PERMANENT CONNECTIONS = 008
VERIFICATION WILL COMPLETE ASYNCHRONOUSLY
IOS631I PRIMARY ENCRYPTION KEY MANAGER WAS SUCCESSFULLY CONNECTED
IOS631I SECONDARY ENCRYPTION KEY MANAGER WAS SUCCESSFULLY CONNECTED

Job failure:

IGD330I ERROR OCCURRED DURING CBRXLCS PROCESSING-
 NO DEVICE POOLS EXIST TO FULFILL REQUEST FOR TDSI SPECIFICATION
 IGD306I UNEXPECTED ERROR DURING CBRXLCS PROCESSING
 RETURN CODE 12 REASON CODE 49
 THE MODULE THAT DETECTED THE ERROR IS IGDIDMUS
 SMS MODULE TRACE BACK - IDMUS IDMSU IDM00 SSIRT
 SYMPTOM RECORD CREATED, PROBLEM ID IS IGD01742

Thanks for the thought, though.

Rex