On 11/19/2014 12:08 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
This is discussed in:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.gim3000/orgcsi.htm
     Deciding how to organize CSI data sets
     SMP/E for z/OS User's Guide
     SA23-2277-01

We have a product which we suggest to install in 3 CSIs:
GLOBAL, TARGET, DLIB.  Recently a tester has complained
that this is cumbersome, particularly when cloning zones
for testing and requested the next release be coalesced
into a single CSI.

What do others think?  THis is a modest-sized product, there
should be no space constraints on a single CSI.

I have tested, as PoC, never in application, adding another
TARGET/DLIB pair to the structure to allow multiple service
levels from a single GLOBAL zone.  I believe this could as
well be done with a single CSI, given sufficient initial SPACE
allocation.

I've seen discussion here of connecting multiple TARGET
zones to a single DLIB.  That's frightening.  Why do it?
perhaps so a product could be deployed with an additional
APPLY step rather than a separate IEBCOPY job?

Thanks,
gil

Gil,

For me, separate VSAM files for each CSI zone is easier from a cloning standpoint than multiple ZONECOPYs into a single CSI. Tastes great, less filling. You can definitely have multiple target zones for a DLIB, but you can only RELATE one of them, so I don't see an issue there.

Regards,
Tom Conley