Walter Bass writes:
>And now they will take Data Studio away from us when we
>don't use it frequently enough because "licenses are expensive
>and we can see that you are not using the product".
>If Visual Explain had a licensed/paid option our company
>would buy it and give us access to it.  Big corporations
>are extremely averse to using any unsupported software,
>no matter how reliable the vendor is or how "free".

"Expensive"? In what way? Who said anything about "unsupported"?

http://www.ibm.com/software/products/en/accessories-suite

http://www.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/8/897/ENUS214-148/ENUS214-148.PDF

IBM provides DB2 Accessories Suite (all its goodies) to its licensed DB2
for z/OS customers as an orderable option at no additional charge.
Subscription and support are included at no additional charge as long as
you have DB2 for z/OS support (which you do with your DB2 monthly license
charge). It's all right there in IBM's official announcement letter. Maybe
somebody in your company is misinformed?

Have you tried "Open Visual Explain" in IBM Data Studio? It's in there.

Hasn't IBM already done everything you're asking for -- and for some years
now?

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com