Mark Pace wrote:

>Can someone tell me what version of SMP/E was included in z/OS 1.4?    3.3 or
>3.4, possibly earlier version?

Probably 3.1.x or 3.2.x. I said probably, because my documentation + copies are
deleted by this time.

>No amount of googling has provided the answer for me.

Surprise, IBM and Google don't help me. <groan>

I searched again. I tried Lifecycle pages of IBM to see if I got anything.

( http://www-01.ibm.com/software/support/systemsz/lifecycle/ )

Perhaps below can give you a guide or estimate?

z/OS v1.4.x was GA around Sept 2002. SMP/E 3.1 was GA around Oct 2001 and SMP/E
3.2 around May 2003.
SMP/E 3.3 is GA Sep 2004, just after EOM of z/OS 1.4.

It thus depends. Do you require z/OS 1.4 to be driving or target system?

Just don't take my words for granted...

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht