Willie Bunter wrote:

>I have to build a VSAM cluster from scratch

What type of VSAM dataset?

>For example in a LISTCAT I find the parms of KEYLEN AVGLERCL MAXLERCL CISIZE
>etc.
>I checked the doc : z/OSDFSMS Access Method Services for Catalogs SC26 but
>these parms are not there.

Check the chapter 'DEFINE CLUSTER' in that book.

>From my experience I am able to match the KEYLEN to KEYS however for the other
>parms (some I have not listed) I am unable to do so.

Like many storage admins, reading LISTC output and matching the keywords is
indeed an exercise. ;-)

>Could someone tell me if there is a doc where I can match the LISTCAT with the
>DEFINE CLUSTER parms?

Perhaps others know of such document, but I believe there is a CBTTAPE program
which can recreate a VSAM dataset based on LISTC output.

LISTC show the 3 parts - CLUSTER, DATA and INDEX. The sequence of the 3 parts
are in the same order as listed (for DEFINE CLUSTER) in the book, but of course
the keywords and the order of keywords are not the same.

What you can do for now: Just concentrate on one part of LISTC output, say DATA
and finish the matching and move on to the next part. The ATTRIBUTES part
should be easy - the keywords are generally the same.

The second line 'IN-CAT' in LISTC output is actually the LAST keyword,
CATALOG(<cat>), of DEFINE CLUSTER.

The keyword content of NAME in both DATA and INDEX part are shown in
ASSOCIATIONS (in the first few lines of LISTC).

I think you should list all the words (and in which of the 3 parts of LISTC)
you're struggling with, so we can give you the right keyword for that word.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht