Geez Jim, you been hangin' around Metz too long.  :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Jim Mulder
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 1:16 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: What exactly does SHRD tell me in the IEF032I step end message?

> IEF032I STEP/UTIL    /STOP 2015021.1318
> CPU: ......
> VIRT: 9832K SYS: 840K EXT: 1539796K SYS: 18188K
> ATB- REAL: 716K SLOTS: 32K
> VIRT- ALLOC: 67M SHRD: 1015808M
>
> This tells me that the step has as much as 67M above the bar storage
> allcated (highwater mark). This was backed by up to 716K of fral
> frames (also highwater mark).
>
> Now here are my questions:
>
> a) Does SLOT mean slots on AUX only, or would this include slots on
> FlashExpress used for paging?

  The value displayed is RAXHVGAuxSlots * 4

 SYS1.MODGEN(IARRAX)

 RAXHVGAuxSlots              DS 0D High water mark
 RAXHVGAux                   DS D  High water mark for the
 *                                 number of aux slots and SCM
 *                                 blocks used to back 64-bit
 *                                 private storage

> b) Both REAL and SLOTS are in KiB, not frames and pages, right?

    Yes.

> c) What does the SHRD mean?
> This what the manual says:
> SHRD: Indicates the maximum megabytes of above the bar shared
> virtual storage (high-water mark) that were accessable by the step.
>
> Do the REAL and SLOTS numbers include the frames/pages from the shared
area?

   No.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY