On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 07:40:52 -0600, Elardus Engelbrecht  wrote:

>Peter wrote:
>
>>Apology for asking a dummy question. Is it possible to keep a separate
>>Password for OMVS alone ?
>
>PS: I'm not sure whether you can authenticate yourself to OMVS with say,
>certificates or something else which can identify yourself.

ssh credentials work for that.  Might need administrative assistance to set
them up.

>What are you trying to solve by that question?

This sounds like a variant of the question (recently less frequently asked):

    How do I prevent my users' (whom I must give OMVS segments so they
    can use FTP) using UNIX services?

I can imagine the complementary question:

    How can I allow users to use OMVS but not TSO. batch, etc.

-- gil