On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 08:51:35 -0500, John Eells  wrote:

>I forwarded this on to the C compiler team, who retrieved your PMR from
>the dusty archives and determined it was a Language Environment problem.
>In any event, the Language Environment guys are a bit horrified that
>this happened.

Sounds like my experience when I observed a drastic misbehavior (IMO)
of DFSORT and strcoll() for LC_CTYPE=En_US.  My PMR went to LE
(reasonably, I'll grant), which called it an ASCII vs. EBCDIC effect.

I gave up in disgust.

>li...@akphs.com (Phil Smith III) wrote:
><snip>
>> definitely not your father�s IBM!

That depends.  Forty years ago, IBM could afford to be more arrogant.
They felt they were entitled to define or ignore the standards.

-- gil