You may wish to engage IBM via an SR/PMR.  They may be able to identify the
issue.

However, depending on your level of z/OS there may be fixes or suggestions

1)  Did you recently install any fixes to the current z/OS or upgrade to a
new z/OS?
2)  Are you sharing with other LPARs.
3) By sequential - these are NON VSAM?
    a)  Are they GDGs
    b)  Are they IMS/DB2/ or other subsystem type files?
4) Did anything change in SMS recently other than the redirection of the
files?
    a) Is the Dataclas the same as it was before the ACS changes?
    b)  how did you change the SMS Code to point to MOD54s?  Did  you create
a new pool?  Or are these NONSMS volumes
5)  Have you reset the performance statistics in the CATALOG address space,
run the job, then display the statistics to see what may have changed?
6)  Have you reviewed any RMF data from the time the job ran?
7)  Do you have performance tools like Tivoli Omegamon or Strobe?  If so,
run it on the job and see where the time is spent.

Lizette