Janet Graff wrote:

>We just noticed our product was setting the SMFxTME field inappropriately
>using the TIME BIN macro.  What should we be using to set the SMFxTME field?

Please post the TIME BIN macro and all fields/variables used.
Please post the result of that macro and what you're expected to see.

>The doc says
>   06     06   SMFxTME    4        binary      Time since midnight, in
>                                               hundredths of a second, record
>                                               was moved into the SMF buffer.
>                                               In record types 2 and 3 this
>                                               field indicates the time that
>                                               the record was moved to the
>                                               dump data set.

Documentation is correct. That's a 4 byte value. You need some work to extract
hours, minutes, seconds from that value.

Just remember that you should use SMFxTME together with SMFxDTE unless you need
time value only.

>TIME MIC appears to be the right information but it produces 8 bytes and not 4
>bytes of information.

Correct. That is TOD in 8 bytes. Please review other persons replies to you.

I think you should tell us what you're expecting from the software to produce.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht