On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 6:41 PM, J O Skip Robinson <jo.skip.robin...@sce.com
> wrote:

>     SYMDEF(&CTCPID#1='i-xxx,i-yyy')  /* SET INPUT ADDRESS LIST */
>     SYMDEF(&CTCPOD#1='o-xxx,o-yyy')  /* SET OUTPUT ADDRESS LIST */

For clarification, does 'xxx' represent the address on z196-1, and 'yyy'
the address on z196-2?
Or are both addresses defined to the same HWNAME? I glanced at both MVS
Init & Tuning Reference and Setting up a Sysplex, but didn't find a good
description of the behavior (or benefits?) of specifying multiple devices.

I interpreted the OP's question to relate more on how to handle the TEST
systems when PROD systems move around, and was going to suggest using
SETXCF MODIFY command on the TEST LPARs to specify new Inbound/Outbound
addresses for the new PROD connections. Symbolics could still be used in
that case, defining normal operations addresses, and "FDR" addresses when
PROD is on alternate hardware. If 'yyy' automagically takes over when 'xxx'
is not available, then a lot less manual effort (in the form of console
commands) would be required.