Hi all,

We're in the process of upgrading to Enterprise COBOL 5.1 and one of our
development groups has decided to re-compile all their COBOL modules even
though it is not deemed necessary - that's their prerogative.

One of their programs is exhibiting strange behaviour on the development
LPAR that I have been unable to replicate on our sandbox system.

If they code the LE libraries SCEERUN and SCEERUN2 in their JOBLIB
statement, their program runs OK.  However, if they allow the LE libraries
to come from link list (as they should) their program abends with S0C4 -
the address of the offending instruction is way outside of the module
reported in the dump - probably a wild branch, I guess.

Has anyone encountered anything similar?  Why should coding LE libraries
in your JOBLIB (the same with STEPLIB, incidentally) cause a module to
work when it doesn't work from link list?

Any helpful suggestions welcomed.

Ken MacKenzie
Pramerica Systems Ireland Limited
is a private company limited by shares
incorporated and registered in the Republic of Ireland with registered
number 319900
and registered office at 6th Floor, South Bank House, Barrow Street,
Dublin 4, Ireland.