Call MS.

Ed

On Mar 9, 2015, at 10:45 AM, Ambros, Thomas wrote:

Remote access to our HMCs is controlled through a 'jump host' we access through Citrix in normal circumstances. I'm experiencing this problem when I use Windows Remote Desktop access to that jump host, bypassing Citrix, so I believe it is something to do with the Windows machine that is the jump host.

This is a new issue after our Windows guys upgraded the jump host to Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter 6.1.7601, Java Version 8 update 31 and we're using Internet Explorer version 8. I'm pretty sure IE is unchanged.

The zSeries HMCs are at 2.12.0 and are unchanged, obviously.

The problem is a fairly consistent forcible session disconnect after 45 seconds. The HMC log simply reports that it was forcibly disconnected with no further details, and I haven't found anything in any of Window's logs to indicate what or why it was done. It's not an inactivity timeout, active use of the HMC gets cut off just as a session that is not being used.

It appears to be restricted to the zSeries HMC, for example our Storage Admin team reports no problems with their TPC-R browser sessions through the same jump host. My next move is to find the Java configuration file options and see if there's some mindless default in there.

I haven't opened an SR yet, I was throwing it out here in case somebody's seen this sort of symptom themselves. Already raised the issue of backing out to our Windows team, if they can't assist in diagnostics, but I'd prefer to fix it not really having the time to go through the annoyance of reinstall.

Thanks...

Thomas Ambros
zEnterprise Operating Systems
zEnterprise Systems Management