Yes, you can download directly to your z/OS system.

When you are in the Download Cart area of CA Support Online, you can select
either "Preferred FTP" or "Alternate FTP".
Support Online then displays some FTP commands which you can cut and paste into
your FTP JCL.  It basically signs you into the FTP server, takes you to the
directory for your order, and issues a GET command.

//FTP       EXEC PGM=FTP   get the pax from CSO
//SYSTSPRT  DD   SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT  DD   SYSOUT=*
//SYSUDUMP  DD   SYSOUT=*
//OUTPUT    DD   SYSOUT=*
//INPUT     DD   *
scftpd.ca.com
anonymous use...@yoursite.com
cd /ftp/orders/999999/12345678
binary
get C50000XGF00.pax.Z /a/yourdirectory/C50000XGF00.pax.Z     << this PAX is CA
Allocate
quit
//

The line with "cd" takes you to the directory on our server.  Use whatever
Support Online generates for you.
In the line with "get", the first "C50000XGF00.pax.Z" is the name on our
server, so don't change that.  The "/a/yourdirectory/" is information that
exists at your site and you will need to change it to something that exists on
your z/OS system.

If I have time to look later, and I remember to do this, I will try to find a
link to a good explanation of all of this on CA Support Online, especially if
it shows you what Support Online displays for the FTP commands.

Bob Longabaugh
CA Technologies
Quality Assurance, Storage Management