On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Steff Gladstone <steff.gladst...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I suppose a final job-step to do the DEQ with COND=EVEN would not always do
> the trick. As I recall there are some types of abends that flush the job
> including steps with COND=EVEN, right?

​Very true. My favorite: S40D with a nice message about the initiator being
terminated at end of memory. The S40D, IIRC, was caused by exhausting the
LSQA. So the initiator couldn't do an GETMAINs in order to terminate
properly. The real fun is that RTM did NOT get control and so _all_ the
DSNs which were allocated to the job remained "allocated" (well, ENQUEUEd)
until we IPL'd. Thankfully, that only happened once, about 7 years ago. Of
course, I now know how to do a directed DEQ (not available at the time) to
eliminate an ENQ that I "don't like". <grin/>​

--
If you sent twitter messages while exploring, are you on a textpedition?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown