Without delving into the saga of how we got here, a week ago a whole bunch of
ICF catalogs turned up missing their index component cat-name.CATINDEX. We
recovered most of them. One is still broken, but there is nothing of value
there. I just want it to go away. Rather than beg the storage folks to recover
it just for deletion, I'd like to just expunge. But when I try DEL cat-name on
the BCS, I get

     IDC3009I ** VSAM CATALOG RETURN CODE IS 14 - REASON CODE IS IGG0CLFK-0

This message kindly tells me that the catalog is broken, specifically missing a
'required cell'. No kidding. Anyone know a heavy handed method to just smash it
to smithereens?

.
.
.