On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 14:21:35 +0800, Timothy Sipples wrote:

>The references I cited in my previous post are documentation elaborations.
>Nothing more, nothing less. IBM did not (generally) recommend multiple JES3
>globals in a single Sysplex

Right. And they still don't, for many reasons.

>(which can consist of a single LPAR or not),

Strictly speaking, a Sysplex can be a single LPAR, but that is not relevant.

>"IBM recommends a one-to-one relationship between the JES3 complex and the
>Sysplex for ease of operations. If you do need to set up multiple global
>systems within the same Sysplex, the following considerations apply...."

Right. There can be more than one JES3 Global in a Sysplex, resulting in more
than one JESplex. That does not mean that an LPAR can have more than one
JES3 subsystem.

>One ought to assign meaning and
>significance to every word, at least as a starting point.

and not read something into the words that is not there.

>Especially when
>the recommendation was preceded by the words "it is possible."

Nowhere does it say that "It is possible" to run two JES3 subsystems on the
same LPAR.

>I'm not sure why the previous language (apparently, by some) was misread
>and misinterpreted. It certainly shouldn't have been. The previous language
>was perfectly clear.

The language is clear, and you have misread it to say that more than one
JES3 subsystem can exist within an LPAR. I feel insulted by the tone of your
comments.

>http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg244582.pdf
>
>Section 8.12 reiterates exactly the same JES3 recommendation...and then
>proceeds to provide instructions on how to violate IBM's
>recommendation. :-) There's even a diagram of that multiple global (and
>local) scenario, Figure 55.

You have misread that diagram. The boxes illustrate processors (or LPARS),
each of which has exactly one JES3 subsystem.

--
Tom Marchant