On 7 May 2015 at 12:20, Paul Gilmartin
<0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
> In days of yore, when TSO DELETE recalled migrated data sets before
> deleting them, I coded in scripts HDELETE; DELETE -- no need to check
> status.  DELETE is smarter now.  Is the optimization in TSO or in
> IDCAMS?

TSO DELETE *is* IDCAMS DELETE, and has been since the first MVS release.

IDCAM01  ALIAS(ALTER,DEF,DEFINE,DEL,DELETE,
         EXP,EXPORT,IMP,IMPORT,LISTC,LISTCAT,PRINT,
         REPRO,VERIFY,VFY)
IDCAM02  ALIAS(BIX,BLDINDEX,CNVTC,CNVTCAT,DIAG,
         DIAGNOSE,EXAMINE,EXPORTRA,IMPORTRA,LISTCRA,LISTR,MPRA,
         RCAT,RESETCAT,XPRA)
IDCAM03  ALIAS(BDATA,BINDDATA,CREATE,LDATA,LISTDATA,
         SETC,SETCACHE,SHCDS)

Tony H.