Lizette,

  If you get a listing of the migrated datasets on ML2 and sort by ML2 tape
#, then issue the recall by ML2 volume, HSM seems to handle the dsn
sequences on the tape and do the recall(s) very fast. I had to recall
18,000 dsn's one time for Tivoli ouput mgr (TOM) and they were on 8 ML2
tapes so I broke the recall into 8 batch recall jobs, one per ML2 tape, and
they ran pretty fast.  Hope this helps.

John Clifford

GTSG  consultant