z/VSE or z/OS? I ask due to your email address having vse in it. I don't
know VSE.

On z/OS, I would run SDSF in batch and just do an operator command, and
capture the SYSLOG.

If you want to, there is an LSPACE command, for z/OS, on the CBT site in
file 906 which you might like. If you are truly strange, you can down _my_
UNIX command examples which are in file 864.
http://www.cbttape.org/cbtdowns.htm
If you would like to look at my UNIX "lsdasd" command online, then you can
gaze in wonder (or horror) at it at:
https://github.com/JohnArchieMckown/utilities-1/blob/master/lsdasd.s
It is LE enabled HLASM code.

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Tony Thigpen <t...@vse2pdf.com> wrote:

> Is there simple batch method to get a list of all on-line dasd volumes
> without actually coding the volumes in the JCL?
>
> I don't need it pretty, just something to ftp off-site for DR reasons
> where a script will use it to validate that all the active volumes are
> actually on one of the DR tapes.
>
> --
> Tony Thigpen

My sister opened a computer store in Hawaii. She sells C shells down by the
seashore.

If someone tell you that nothing is impossible:
Ask him to dribble a football.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown