Hi allI am dealing with some C package on classic z/OS (PDS/E, no USS).  When C
reads text files it inserts 0x15 in the end of the record (it goes that far as
to drop the trailing blanks and substitute them with one 0x15 for fixed length
records, but I think that there is an option to override that).  0x15 is
defined as New Line, but there is a separate character, 0x25 that is defined as
Line Feed.  Does anybody know why do we need two characters that seem to do the
same thing (besides the evil desire to confuse the poor user :)  Ze'ev Atlas