In z/OS 2.1 if I "VGET (ZENVIR) SHARED" I see ZENVIR has this value:

ISPF 7.1MVS     TSO

But in this manual:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/download/ISP2RS00.pdf

It lists all the values of ZENVIR for each version of the operating system
(I've shown some examples below) and says "characters 1 to 8 contain the
product name and sequence number, in the form ISPF x.y. The sequence number x.y
has this meaning:

7.0 means ISPF for z/OS Version 2 Release 1.0
6.3 means ISPF for z/OS Version 1 Release 13.0
5.0 means ISPF for z/OS Version 1 Release 1.0"

In other words the manual says the value of ZENVIR in z/OS 2.1 should be 7.0
but I'm seeing 7.1. Is the manual wrong?

Dave Salt

SimpList(tm) - try it; you'll get it!

http://www.mackinney.com/products/program-development/simplist.html