From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of R.S.
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2015 4:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: New CSS in HCD

I need few more LPARs.
Due to limits I want to create new LPARs in new CSS1. As far as now only
CSS0 contains defined LPARs.

I wonder how to do it to save unnecessary work.
When you create another LPAR within CSS, you simply provide name and update
channel access lists.
For new CSS the list of CHPIDs is empty, which means a lot of definitions.
Another approach is to copy whole CSS0 to CSS1. Actually I have to delete
"dummy CSS1" before the copy. However after that I have whole list of channel
definitions, but with not PCHID assigned. It's not big work to fill the PCHID
fields, but maybe there are simpler methods?

Any clue?

(Details: EC12, only OSA and FICON channels - that means can be defined as
SPAN).

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland