This is a question for those of you that run z/OS on an RDT system (presumably
also those on a zPDT system), i.e. on emulated hardware.

Yesterday we had to restart the remote viewer (VNC) I use to login to Linux to
start z/OS. Restarting VNC kills the console:
CNZ4200I CONSOLE L700 HAS FAILED. REASON=IOERR

>From that point forward, we did not get any IEF403I or IEF404I messages
>anymore (which we noticed when we automatically scanned the hardcopy log
>during testing for exactly these messages). When I got the master console back
>this morning, both ief403i and ief404i miraculously started to reappear. I
>was/am completely unaware that there is a connection between the issuing of
>ief403/404 and the availability of a console to z/OS.

Has anyone else seen this on an RDT (zPDT) system? (RDT 8.5 with z/OS 1.13, I
haven't gotten around to upgrading *that* box to 9.1 yet).

Barbara