michelbutz wrote:

>CSMLOC only takes one of those as the first parameters
>I would have to know whether it is SQA LSQA PVT. Or CSA before

Binyamin Dissen [he really does know his stuff!] gave you a good solution about
VSMLOC, despite the fact that you gave very little information.

I and perhaps others also want to know these, before giving a possible better
answer:

1. What are you trying to solve?
2. Does it matter that the address is in your same address space or in other
address space?
3. Do you want check it while being AC(1) or not?
4. At what z/OS level are you?

>Given address how I can Itell whether this is SQA LSQA PVT, or CSA

Based on what I read on VSMLOC, you can repeatedly use VSMLOC with one of these
parms and examine the return codes. Repeat with other parm and check until you
get the desired return code. Just be ready to handle a possible C78 abend.

Unless someone can come with a better solution.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht