On 7/6/2015 7:59 PM, R Hey wrote:
Does this 30% apply to every local page DS, or total space of all DS?

Any overhead of using a mix of small & very big sizes?

TIA,
Rez

The 30% applies to each individual page dataset. I don't recommend mixing and matching large and small page datasets. Harder to manage, and easier for one page dataset to go into the red zone. As we saw in the D ASM example earlier, ASM doesn't distribute pages based on page DS size, and the smaller page datasets were over 30% while the larger page datasets showed single-digit usage. That's why I recommend the same size page datasets. I typically use 3338 CYLINDERS on a 3390-3.

Regards,
Tom Conley