At 18:08 -0400 on 07/09/2015, Ed Finnell wrote about Re: TSO-only proc (was Re: Product Remove from z/OS):

TSSO. It doesn't need anything else.

Yes that was the Subsystem TSO I was thinking of. As for needed support, my question was about how you connect to it since VTAM may not be available to serve as the connection.

It does need care and feeding and
testing as new releases and
CPUs are brought online. There's also _www.newera.com_
(http://www.newera.com)  for vendor supported. They used  to have PC
IODF creator but sold it to IBM.

Never hurts to have 'one pack' rescue system.

In a message dated 7/9/2015 4:25:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time,