A question or two.
Did you wait long enough when the IXC409D was produced?
The system continues and will process the response when entered.
Cross-system coupling facility (XCF) tries to restart the signaling path. If
XCF restores connectivity, the message will be deleted before it is
answered. If XCF cannot fully restore connectivity between the two systems,
the system issues message IXC409D again.

Did you see any other IXC message?
IXC402D or IXC102A, XCF signaling connectivity to the removed system is no
longer relevant and the system deletes the message.

Could you post the RSP to the IXC409D you entered?  And any additional
messages that occurred after that?

Not sure what is going on at this point.  So, the worst case scenario would
be a sysplex wide COLD start.  All LPARs down, then one up with INITIAL, the
rest JOIN.  But that is not necessarily what is needed, just what might be
the very worst thing that might need to be done.

Nice webpage with XCF Commands summary
http://www.oocities.org/smtwango/MAINFRAME/MFCOMMANDS/sysplexcmd.html

Thanks

Lizette