You got it.

Dan Blake
2967

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of william janulin
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:36 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: VSAM question

Would not modifying an existing DATACLASS to specify Extended Addressability do
the same thing?

     On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:32 AM, "Blake, Daniel J [CTR]"
<dbl...@fdic.gov> wrote:

 I believe the key is using SMS and setting up a DATACLASS that supports
extended addressability (because the total size is greater than 4 GB).

Dan