From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of venkat kulkarni
Sent: Wednesday, 22 July 2015 7:11 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Library out of space issue while APPLY RSU

Hello Group,
                  I am applying RSU on z/OS 1.13 system and encountered
D37-04 and E37-04 for various datasets like

D37-04  SYS1.SASMMOD1  ---  is used by XCFAS , LLA,
D37-04  SYS1.SISPLOAD   ---  is used by XCFAS , LLA,
D37-04  SYS1.SGIMLMD0  ---  is used by XCFAS , LLA,
D37-04  SYS1.NUCLEUS   ---
D37-04  SYS1.LINKLIB       ---  is used by XCFAS , LLA,
E37-04  SYS1.CNMLINK   ---  is used by XCFAS , LLA, NETVIEW

Now, renaming the dataset to .old and then  create new dataset big big size
and then using ISPF option 3.3 for copy,   we have only option left is

1) Unallocate linkist (SETPROG LNKLST,UNALLOCATE) and then stop LLA ( P LLA)

2) For CNMLINK dataset, I will have to stop NETVIEW as well along with
Unallocate linkist (SETPROG LNKLST,UNALLOCATE) and then stop LLA ( P LLA)

3) But for NUCLEUS dataset, I will have to bring down alll system in sysplex
and then do remaining and creating bigger dataet and then copy content using
ISP 3.3

Do we have any other way to overcome this issue rather then copping LLA and
XCFAS etc.

Regards
Venkat