John Eells wrote:

>Yeah, we can't win there.

You can and you have already won. The fact is, with each system there is a list
of space requirements in the program directory and/or installation manual.

Use these lists and add about 10-50% or more extra depending on your own
requirements and past installations.

PDS and PDSE directories are somewhat trickier to do estimates of course.

>Make them big enough for installing lots service and people complain about the
>space they need.

Back to that list of datasets and their spaces.

About those RACF profiles discussion, being a RACF guy (and ex-SMP/E + Storage
guy), I will *not* give access to delete/rename *in-use* datasets. And *no*
ALTER between Sysplexes. Only ALTER on one Sysplex and at most UPDATE on others.

My storage guys loves me... ;-)

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

Friday (???? really, I wish it is Friday today...) joke:

WARNING - DO NOT LAUGH... ;-D

To catch a thief....

Japan invented a machine to catch thieves.

America tried it out and it could catch 5 thieves in 35 minutes.
England also tried it out. 7 thieves in 30 minutes.
Brazil, 400 thieves in 20 minutes.
Uganda, hmmmm, 6000 thieves in 17 minutes. Not that bad.

South Africa - that machine was stolen in 2 minutes.....

I told you *not* to laugh....