Michael Knigge wrote:

>Now I’ve added an own volume, assigned an address in the devmap file and did
>an IPL. Now… the volume is always offline after IPL. I can bring it online
>with “V 0af1,online” but I don’t know what I have to do that z/OS will bring
>it online automatically… (BTW, the address I’ve choosen is present in HCD and
>I’ve formatted the volume with ICKDSF).

I’ve read about a VATLST00 Member in SYS1.PARMLIB – but….. If I have to add my
volume to this member, why are all the ADCD-Volumes online automatically after
IPL (as these volumes are not listed there). Where is the magic?!?

Magic is in SYS1.PARMLIB(COMMNDxx) or SYS1.PARMLIB(IEACMDxx)

Or you have it as command in some STC or in your JES2 init statement.

Failing that, search your SYSLOG (before and after IPL) or your HCD setup again.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht