>My belief is that the IBM developers know what a task is and would not have
>included "task" in the field name if the field applied to anything other than
>a task.

They sure know and they sure know that a UNIX processs is just a standard MVS
task with some additional attributes. If a program running as a UNIX process
does, for example, a local spawn(), it creates a new process in the very same
address space. But this process needs to be tied to a TCB in order to be
dispatchable, so a new task is created as part of spwn() processing.

--
Peter Hunkeler