On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 8:32 AM, Vernooij, CP (ITOPT1) - KLM <
kees.verno...@klm.com> wrote:

> [...]

​I think that both Gil and I are assuming malevolent intent to do a denial
of service. Or maybe somebody who did:

//SYSLIB DD DSN=SYS1.LINKLIB ,DISP=SHR

Note that blank before the , which makes the ,DISP=SHR a comment and thus
defaults to DISP=NEW. Which causes an enclusive ENQ on the DSN.

We have actually had that problem, although not with SYS1.LINKLIB. A person
did it, by accident, in a PROC. Used the PROC in a production job, run by
CA-7 with CA-11 restart enabled. CA-11 promptly deleted the master file
referenced and then the step failed with a JCL error. Panic ensued trying
to find a backup.​ We lost a day of on-line processing.

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown