I think the numbers would need one more delineation.  My understanding is
that TS is also in a lot of z/VSE.  Which changes the results for the
question "how many mainframe installations of TS are there?" Of course if
you add in z/VM, it might change things again.

I was under the impression that the numbers for z/OS were
1) RACF
2) ACF/2
3) TSS

But for the numbers of mainframes it was
1) RACF
2) TSS
3) ACF/2
Of course the results of the numbers of mainframes are going to have some
companies double or triple dipping even within a single mainframe footprint.

Maybe a more interesting number would have rated MIPS, number of LPARs and
number of users by operating system.  And it wouldn't be complete without
the developers numbers as well.

But as for real numbers.. can't really help.

Rob Schramm