I am getting the following message trying to recycle a volume:

ARC0445I VOLUME 408922 CANNOT BE RECYCLED, REASON= 0028, EXPLANATION: CONNECTED
SET TOO LONG

Reason 28:

28        CONNECTED SET TOO LONG: DFSMShsm will not recycle connected sets
          exceeding 40 volumes. The volume specified belongs to a
          connected set exceeding this limit.

These are spill volumes. What can I do to fix this ?

The list with DSI options displayed 100's of files on these tapes.

We are z/os v1r13.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks