Lizette,

I was able to restore the dsn to another volume (bypassed SMS).  All is well.
Thanks again.

On Fri, 9/18/15, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: UNABLE TO RESTORE DSN USING DFDSS
 To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

 The best options are
 always to look up message to see if they give a clue to
 your issue.  It is faster than waiting on the
 list.

 Lizette

 Message-----
 > From: IBM Mainframe
 Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU]
 On
 > Behalf Of willie bunter
 > Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 9:22
 AM
 > To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
 > Subject: Re: UNABLE TO RESTORE DSN USING
 DFDSS

 > Lizette,
 >
 > You are right.
 There is not enough space on the volume.  Yes, I am
 restoring
 the
 > dsns
 (which are SMS managed) with a rename.  The input dsns and
 output dsns
 are
 > located
 on the same Storage group.

 > Thanks for the help.

 > On Fri, 9/18/15, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
 wrote:

 Re: UNABLE TO RESTORE DSN USING DFDSS

 To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
 12:13 PM

 >  If you
 look up the
 >  IGD17365I - it states
 >  A SMS VTOC data set
 >  services extent reduction request for
 the data set  failed.
 >  One possible
 reason for the failure
 >  is that not
 enough space could be obtained;  other reasons are
 indicated by
 > preceding  messages.
 >
 >  Do you have
 >  sufficient space on the volume for the
 restore?  Looks like  you need  at
 minimum
 > 4569TRK  You did
 not show us your control cards so I am  not sure if you
 are
 > restoring to  the same  volume or
 different volume.

 >  Lizette
 >

 >  >

 IBM-
 > m...@listserv.ua.edu
 > Subject: UNABLE TO RESTORE DSN USING  DFDSS  >
 >
 > Good  Day,  >  > I am
 trying  to restore a PS dsn using DFDSS with a
 > rename.  However I  have hit  a  >
 roadblock  with a few dsns with the same
 abend
 > MESSAGE :
 >  >  EXTENT REDUCTION FAILED FOR DATA
 SET  >  > Can someone suggest  how I can
 > bypass this problem?  Below is the
 abend
 >  message:
 >

 >  > ADR709E (001)-VDSS (01), AN
 ERROR OCCURRED  IN THE STORAGE

 MANAGEMENT  > SUBSYSTEM  WHILE ALLOCATING DATA SET
 > SYSC12.SMFDUMP.G2725V00  >
                   WITH  NEWNAME
 > HESP.SMFDUMP.G2725V00. SMS MESSAGES  >
 FOLLLOW.
 >  >  IGD17365I
 >  EXTENT REDUCTION FAILED FOR DATA SET
 >  >

 HESP.SMFDUMP.G2725V00
 >  > ADR809I
 >  (001)-VDSS (01), ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC
 DATA FOR PRECEDING  > MESSAGE:

 SC=STANDARD MC= DC=
 >  >
 >  REQPRI=0000004569TRK
 REQSEC=0000000050MB  REQVOLS=01  >  > Thanks.
 >  >

 For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive
 access instructions,
 send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu
 with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN