I have a batch job that was intended to compile every member of a directory
that consists of mixed C and C++ source files. FWIW it is mostly C++ files
with a few C files. The C files have an extension of .c and the C++ files of
.C . I use the CBCC proc and SYSIN DD PATH='/u/path/Source/' . The
documentation states

You can specify compilation for a single file or all source files in a z/OS
UNIX
directory, for example:
//SYSIN DD PATH='/u/david'
//* All files in the directory /u/david are compiled

However I just discovered that CBCC is compiling only the C++ (.C) files and
not the C (.c) files. It's not something in my options or fundamental to
CBCC because if I specify a single C (.c) file in SYSIN then CBCC compiles
it.

Questions: Does anyone know if this behavior (compiling only the C++ (.C)
files when an entire directory is specified for SYSIN) is expected? Is there
any option I can specify to get it to compile all the files, both C (.c) and
C++ (.C)?

Thanks,

Charles