On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Farley, Peter x23353 <
peter.far...@broadridge.com> wrote:

> John,
>
> Confirmed.  It seems to treat the out-of-sequence level number as just the
> next logical level down (i.e., treats level 12 just like level 15 after the
> preceding level 10). For this example code:
>
> ​
Thanks for testing that. I put in my "fix", but I did it by putting in the
"missing" level as a FILLER in what I _hoped_ was the proper place in the
code. That got it to compile in GNU COBOL. But the results of a "group
move" would not be equivalent, as best as I know of such things. I really
wonder if this is what IBM intended? I hope Mr. Ross of the COBOL
persuasion at IBM sees this thread and comments on it. Personally, I prefer
the GNU result. It just looks wrong to me.​

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown